If you are looking to work with a trusted adviser at a Chartered Financial Planning firm you will no doubt have completed some research and found that many firms do not publish their fee rates on their websites. Indeed very few firms actually publish their rates.
At Depledge Strategic Wealth Management Limited our aim is for our advice to put you in a better long term position than would ordinarily be the case and most importantly achieve this ‘net of our fees’. We believe in very simple approach:
- Offer ‘value for money’.
- We believe that our fees are highly competitive in a market where fees rates vary considerably.
- Be transparent in all our dealings with our clients.
- Operate our business prudently to facilitate what our clients expect of us.
- We invest considerably in our staff and advisers in achieving high levels of qualifications.
- We look to save costs running an efficient operation using the best of technology.
- We maintain an advice hub at our main offices in Manchester.
- Due to the quality of our advice we secure very competitive running costs for essential costs such as Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance.
When taking financial advice, a clear and trusted journey is internationally recognised as the best approach to formulate a robust long term financial plan. Learn more about out typical client journey (from the point of enquiry through to implementation of recommendations and ongoing service).
Consequently, the costs for our advice can broadly be split into the fees for ‘establishing the plan’ and the ‘fees for maintaining and adapting the plan over time’. With many plans and portfolios being established over decades our clients often tell us that the advice at outset was about getting to the start line and the advice thereafter is the main determinant of the success adapting to changes in clients circumstances, legislation and economic highs and lows over many years.
Fees for establishing the plan
Please note that we always offer a no cost initial meeting without obligation at outset. Should we identify a piece of work that needs to be done there will be a one-off initial charge to cover going through the process and the formulation of our recommendations and your financial plan. With each client being very different and having different requirements, the precise fees will be confirmed in writing prior to engagement and we will only commence our work once written acceptance of our terms has been provided. We provide to each prospective client a written fixed cost based on the work agreed to be completed.
Fees for maintaining the plan
For the vast majority of clients, the ongoing work involves advising upon wealth accumulated. Our fees scales are as follows
|Funds under advice||Fees levied||Example|
|£0 – £250,000||0.65% (with a minimum of £500 p.a.)||If the average fund over the period was £150,000 then the average fee over the year would be £975|
|£250,000 up to £1,000,000||0.50%||If the average fund over the period was £750,000 then the average fee over the year would be £3,750|
|£1,000,000 up to £2,000,000||0.40%||If the average fund over the period was £1,500,000 then the average fee over the year would be £6,000|
|Over £2,000,000||0.30%||If the average fund over the period was £2,500,000 then the average fee over the year would be £7,500|
- Please note that the total costs of investment would normally also involve the costs of a platform and the underlying investments as detailed in our animation video below.
- Please note that the Fees levied apply across a family group comprising that includes partners and their children
The full details can be found in our ‘How our Service works for you document’.